Friday, May 22, 2009

Playing Catch Up - Last day of school

I can't believe I am so far behind on blogging our recent adventures! Not much has been happening, we're kind of chugging along with our daily routines...

Today is the last day of school for Paige & Coleton. It went by so fast, though I'm sure the kids would beg to differ! This week was all about F-U-N and play, so it's no surprise that I didn't have to drag the kids out of bed at all this week. Wednesday was the "big" fun day for both the kids, so I decided to spend it with them, both as a last "HURRAH" and to thank their teachers for all of their hard work.

Since both kids have summer birthdays, they don't ever get to celebrate with their friends. We always try to have a party, but we get lucky if 1-2 kids show up for each. Luckily, this year, both Paige & Coleton's teachers felt is was a good idea to celebrate the summer birthdays early (thanks), so I baked cakes for both kids. Paige also had a "pot luck" lunch/read-a-thon in her class that day, and Coleton was having a pizza party/movie day/water day, so I was very busy running from class to class to make sure I spent an even amount of time with them both. It was a great (HOT) day, and I am so glad that, for once, they were able to have their whole class sing happy birthday to them and feel special...if only for a moment!

They get out at 10:50 today, so Elmo will be picking them up, taking them out to lunch to celebrate another year past, and then maybe a movie. It's so hard for me to believe that Paige, my sweet little (once 6 lbs 4 oz) girl will be hitting double digits next month AND starting her last year of elementary school. It is so bitter sweet; I really miss her tiny little body climbing up on my lap to cuddle, her sweet voice chatting away, her giggles, and innocence/trust. On the other hand, it is such a privelage to see my sweet baby growing up to become her own person, sharing her opinions and views, carrying on conversations, dealing with her own problems (however trivial) and growing into a very kind and compassionate, people pleasing young lady.

Time is flying by way too fast.

1 comment:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

What a fun last day of school! How cool that the teachers let you celebrate the kids' birthday's at school.

My brother always had his un-birthday on my real birthday (his- July, Mine-October) He always got balloons and stuff at school when I did. Although..... he got to have cooler b-day parties than me... he got to go to Wild Waters (water park), I only got to do inside cold weather things.... so I guess it evened out. :)