Friday, September 23, 2011

Gorgeous......

Webster defines the word GORGEOUS as:

Gor´geous

  1. 1. Imposing through splendid or various colors; showy; fine; magnificent.

I’d quite have to agree.

My life can be redundant at times. Monotony reigns strong in our tightly packed schedule: wake, school/work, homework, sports, bed, wake…

Still, I am blessed in more ways that I sometimes remember with my beautiful, brilliant, tender-hearted children. They remind me how very important the little things in life are. They remind me that things that I sometimes blow out of proportion really aren’t THAT bad. They remind me that sometimes an unexpected hug is just the right dose of medicine for a grumpy attitude. They remind me that it’s OK to be silly, and to make messes, and stay up a little past bedtime to finish “one more story”.

My life is very stressful right now. Without being too specific, we’re going through some pretty difficult times and dealing with some struggles that affect our immediate and extended families. It’s so easy to get lost in worry or depression. Easy to lie awake at night with a heart full of worry and fear of what tomorrow may bring. But, I thank God so much for giving me my 3 little blessings, who raise my spirits every time I see them. My children, who are carefree and completely unaware of our stresses, allow me to unwind and forget about them when they plead for me to play. My 3 angels straight from Heaven; who continue to shower me with appreciation and love, constantly reminding me of what really matters.

This morning, as we were on our was to Jadyn’s school, we had the following conversation:

Me: What a gorgeous day!

Jadyn: What a gorgeous life!

Me: What a gorgeous little girl named Jadyn!

Jadyn: What a gorgeous God!

As soon as we stopped the car at her school, I took my angel, straight from God, and gave her the biggest, best hug I have ever given. How did she know that I needed to hear that today?





No comments: