Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rainy Day Blues

I woke up in the middle of the night to a monstrous (totally unexpected) storm. It was great. To my delight, though not my kid's, the rain continued all day. For kids who usually spend every minute outside rather than entertaining themselves with toys or video games, this was a problem. After 8:00 came around, only a short hour after they had been up, my kids were officially stir crazy. It was then that I decided I had better come up with a "rainy day schedule" quickly, or we were all going to be in for a very long, frustrating, and stressful day.

My resolution? INDOOR FISHING!

Supplies needed:
1 pool stick (that unscrews into 2 pieces)
Yarn
Magnets
Fish cut and drawn from construction paper
Paperclips

Since my kids are so competitive (please tell me I'm not alone here), rather than them getting upset that one was doing better than the other, I made a point system on the back of the fish, so that the quantity of fish didn't matter. That way, they wouldn't know who won until the end. They played all day with little incident!






Jadyn didn't understand why Paige got angry when she took Paige's fish and threw them back into the river...I guess Jadyn thought they were too small to keep! After Paige yelled at her, Jadyn didn't want to play that game anymore.



I guess it's a good thing that Jadyn is great at entertaining and playing by herself!


No comments: