Saturday, April 18, 2009

Peter Cottontail...or the Easter Bunny?

Last night, as I was editing Jadyn's pictures, I saw from the corner of my eye, something rush past our doorway. I didn't think much of it, as we have 2 dogs and a cat, until it occurred to me that the cat was sleeping next to me on our bed and our dogs we sleeping downstairs. I then thought I was seeing things, since it was late at night (past midnight), and my eyes were very tired. Just as I was about to go to bed, I saw (or thought I saw) a teeny tiny baby bunny run past out door.

Immediately, I went on a search to find this tiny creature, but after about 40 minutes of no success (and Elmo telling me I was imagining things), I gave up and went to bed.

The next morning, still contemplating if what I saw was real, Elmo came to tell me that he had been cleaning up one of our pet's pee all morning. I suggested that since none of out pets ever have accidents, perhaps it was the bunny. We both laughed, but thought that it would be worthwhile to set the family on a hunt for the elusive critter.

Off we all went to search every nook and cranny, each new spot coming up bunny-less. Finally, Paige and I decided to look behind one of our couches. We didn't see anything as we tipped it away from the wall, but as we were about to put it back down, I stepped in another puddle of pee. EUREKA! A tiny bunny is the ONLY creature that could have peed UNDER the couch.

I shouted, "There is a bunny!" and, as if by cue, the tiny critter scampered out from under the couch and shot across the room like a bullet. Everyone in the room (including Elmo) screamed and jumped out of the way. It was hilarious! After many failed attempts, we were finally able to corner the bunny in Jadyn's room and coax it into a box.

Before we let it go outside, I took some pictures.

How this little bunny eluded 2 dogs and a CAT (who brings us all kinds of dead birds) is beyond me. I shudder to think of the future messes we would be cleaning had I NOT seen it last night hopping around!








2 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

what a sweet bunny! How funny that it got in the house and was peeing under the couch! Hilarious!!
i bed the kids had a hard time letting that bunny go. I know I would have....

:)

Ruthie K said...

Haha! That little bunny is adorable! Too bad you had to let it go...
I'm sorry that you had to step in bunny piddle to find it though. But that is really funny!