Monday, March 30, 2009

What a good feeling, relaxing, much needed kind of weekend

I feel so refreshed and at peace after this weekend. It was just, literally, a beath of fresh air.

At first, I was pretty annoyed because we had about 10 interviews set up for a summer babysitter, and not a SINGLE ONE ended up showing. We cleared our weekend calander for those appointments, so knowing that we had "wasted" it, quite frankly ticked me off. We usually stuff so much into the weekends between cleaning, errands and projects that I am exhausted come Monday morning, and thoughts of "what we could be doing instead" rang stronger after each no show.

HOWEVER...now I am so thankful that no one showed. It was truly a blessing in disguise.

Because no one showed I had so much extra time:
  1. I was able to start and complete, cover to cover, a book that I have been wanting to read for MONTHS based on the strong recommendation of Jen from boot camp. I borrowed it from the library on Friday, and thought I would surely be renewing it at the 3 week due date. The book is titled These is My Words by Nancy Turner, if you're interested. I seriously couldn't put it down and was up until 1:30 am reading one night!
  2. We started to (Elmo started to...) paint Jadyn's room
  3. I was able to take the kids to the park to fly kites (see other post)
  4. I made a great big dinner that we ate outside as we throughly enjoyed the warm air and breeze
  5. We were so NON STRESSED. The weather was perfect, the kids were so well behaved, and EVERYONE was in such an upbeat, joking, fun and simply good mood.

I seriously needed this slow paced, breezy, relaxed, unproductive weekend.

I am ready for the week ahead.

2 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

What a total bummer that everyone was a no-show... but it's good that all turned out well.

Looks like you guys had some fun! I love the kite pictures :)

Rachel Holloway said...

WHAT A BLESSING for sure! I still do hope you find a summer sitter, but I am so happy for your refreshing weekend. Makes me want to schedule something that I know won't go through, just so we can enjoy that lazy kind of time too!