Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a FABULOUS week!!

You may (or may NOT) have noticed that I have been MIA for the last week. If you DID notice...did you miss me?

I had the most funtabluous week in Pennsylvania with my mom and her husband Gene. Seriously, it was great!!

Although I took over 800 pictures (I know...click click click...) I don't have the patience to upload the 100 or so that I filtered as "the best". I have already spent more than enough time surfing the internet on "How to upload BULK pictured on blogger" without any success, hence, I uploaded them onto the WEB PLEASE CLICK HERE.

Here is a BRIEF timeline of our trip.

Saturday 3/14

Woke up at 3 am to make our 6 am flight. Landed in PA at 3:30 pm. Mom & Gene picked us up and we went out to eat lunch...dinner...or what ever meal that was. Went to their house, took a tour...went grocery shopping...slept.

Sunday 3/15

Explored the woods a bit.
Spent the day at my Grandma's house and visited with my Aunt/uncle; met my newest little cousin Christopher

Monday 3/16

Went to Reptiland where we got to pet an alligator and boa constrictor. The place had a few cool things, but was overall a disappointment. Went out to lunch...went home. Tuesday 3/17 - St. Patty's Day

Made a 3 hour drive to Philadelphia, ate lunch, then went to Adventure Aquarium (across the Benjamin Franklin Bridge into New Jersey) which was SO AWESOME. Met a couple of Hippopotamuses, which were so cool, then went back to Philly to check into a hotel. I took them kids to see the Liberty Bell after dinner...which in itself is a whole other story which I will tell when I have more time.

Wednesday 3/18

Went to (in the following order):

The Philly Museum of Art where I did the Rocky Stairs not once...not twice...but 3 times!

The Philly Zoo

The Academy of Natural Sciences where we got to walk in with hundreds of butterflies. One landed on my mom's head!

Then we drove the 3 hours home and hit the sack!Thursday 3/19

Got pictures taken @ walmart and relaxed with my Mom

Friday 3/20

Went to Hershey to go to the Hershey Factory, bought WAY too much candy, and from there went to Harrisburgh to see an UNDER THE SEA 3D IMAX movie at the Whittaker Center. It was awesome! If you've never seen an IMAX film, you should. You really felt like you were "in" the film...but maybe that's because this one was 3D! We went straight from Harrisburgh to my Grandma's for dinner (yumm). Then, headed home.

Saturday 3/21
Putzed around exploring during the morning...didn't want to leave...

Then rushed to pack and get out the door.

The flight home is in the running for the worst flight ever....the first leg was OK (only 1 hour) but the connecting flight (4.5 hours) was terrible. My poor kids didn't know what time it was (Az is 3 hours BEHIND PA) and the flight left at 7:45 Eastern time...and landed at 9:20 AZ time...so they were really mixed up with...hunger, fatigue, cabin fever, stale air...you name it.

I am glad to be OFF THE PLANE, but I already miss my mom. It was a great trip, and I am so glad that we were able to go. My mom and Gene were great!

No comments: